Date Added: 3 July 2019
: 26 July 2019
Job Title: Full-time Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Graham Stuart MP (Beverley and Holderness)
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Graham is looking for a full-time parliamentary assistant keen to learn from his dynamic and hard-working team. The successful applicant will be highly organised, a strong-communicator with excellent written English and who works accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office. Priority will be given to applicants who can demonstrate familiarity with using social media and who have video production and editing skills.
- Efficiently and effectively manage Parliamentary and Constituency diary commitments.
- Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to the GDPR principles at all times.
- Opening and despatching mail.
- Organising and leading Parliamentary tours for constituents.
- Logging and responding to policy emails from campaign groups.
- Assisting team members with ad hoc tasks to include casework, campaigns and social media.
- Carrying out administrative tasks and other duties as required to contribute to the efficient running of the Member’s office.
- Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, with a start date as soon as possible.
Please email a CV (max 2 sides A4) and covering letter (1 side A4) with the subject line “Parliamentary Assistant application” to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role. All applications will be acknowledged.