Date Added: 3 July 2019
: 14 July 2019
Job Title: Caseworker (Maternity Cover)
Working For: Dr Therese Coffey MP (Suffolk Coastal)
Location: London or Martlesham, Suffolk
Salary: £21,000-£26,000 depending on experience
Dr Therese Coffey MP is looking to appoint a reliable and hardworking Caseworker on a one year fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave, starting September 2019.
- Helping constituents with queries such as benefit claims, access to healthcare, visa applications, housing problems and social services issues
- Dealing with daily casework queries from the public by telephone, in writing and in person
- Managing progress of casework and dealing with third parties such as Government departments and agencies, local councils, and the NHS
- Drafting and sending correspondence on a wide range of issues
- Attending surgeries and other meetings when required to assist the Member in dealing with constituents’ issues
- Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018
- Assisting the Member and members of staff with other parliamentary duties as and when required
- High standard of written communication
- Personable and able to easily communicate with people from all walks of life
- The ability to effectively manage own workload and deliver to tight time scales
- Strong IT skills and in particular in Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Working flexibly and as part of a team
- An understanding of the benefits system
- Previous use of case management software
- Experience of working in Parliament is useful but not essential.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 14 July 2019
Interviews are likely to take place in the week starting 15th July, with the successful applicant starting on 2nd September 2019.
Please email your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com putting STAFF in the subject line of the email. The deadline for applications is 5pm on the closing date. Appointment may be made prior to this date.
4th July 2019 - The homepage address has been corrected.