Date Added: 3 July 2019
: 21 July 2019
Job Title: Senior Caseworker and Communications Officer
Working For: Barry Gardiner MP (Brent North)
Salary: £28,000-£33,000 commensurate with experience
Barry is looking for a hardworking person, committed to labour party values to join his friendly team in Westminster.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups.
- Attend surgeries and occasionally accompany Barry to meetings.
- Responsibility for developing and implementing a pro-active media strategy and manage the MP's website.
Skills required include:
- Proven record: press and media experience.
- Experience of casework.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 21 July 2019
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made.
A short written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting "Job Application" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applications expected only shortlisted applicants will receive a response.