Date Added: 3 July 2019
: 15 July 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Iain Stewart MP (Milton Keynes South)
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Iain Stewart MP is looking for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant in his Milton Keynes office. The successful applicant will provide administrative support to Iain in his Parliamentary and constituency business. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude, and a keen interest in politics. The role will be primarily based in the constituency office but will also involve some travel to Westminster and weekend working at times.
The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a candidate wishing to develop a wide range of marketable skills, including organising campaigns, managing the constituency diary and liaising with local media, as well as assistance with other areas according to the needs of the office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Organising Iain Stewart’s day-to-day constituency diary, planning visits and their logistics
- Liaising with local councillors, public bodies, businesses, civic organisations and other stakeholders
- Proactively forward planning and organising longer-term local campaigns, events and visits
- Assisting with communications; including press releases, website, social media, constituency correspondence and e-bulletins
- Organising constituents' visits and tours of the Houses of Parliament
- Providing constituency-focused research and briefings
- Monitoring media coverage and engagement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong IT literacy
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Conservative Party
- Knowledge of the constituency would be an advantage
- Interest in politics and policy
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 July 2019
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, with a start date as soon as possible.
Please email a CV no longer than 2 sides A4 and covering letter no longer than 1 side A4 setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role to email@example.com
For more details, please contact Alex on 0207 219 7230, or the email address above.
Due to the expected volume of applications, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants.