Date Added: 3 July 2019
: 19 July 2019
Job Title: Consultant - Public Affairs
Working For: Hanover
Hanover is looking to appoint a driven Consultant (Account Manager equivalent) with a passion for business and Westminster politics to join our fast-growing Advocacy (public affairs) team.
This important role offers the opportunity to manage flagship accounts, develop lasting client relationships and play a central role on new business pitches and marketing.
You will have the opportunity to work across sectors including technology, manufacturing, energy, food and drink and education. Our clients include Facebook, Goldman Sachs, Gatwick Airport, Tata Steel, Tes Global, Lucozade Ribena Suntory and Tate & Lyle Sugars.
The successful candidates will be keen networkers, with a passion for public affairs and a nuanced understanding of the relationship between business and politics.
We believe very strongly in career development. We offer regular training to all our staff and regular opportunities for promotion.
- Drive the delivery of client work on multiple accounts and support your project managers in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Develop close client relationships and play an active role in external client meetings
- Provide strategic advice to clients and write bespoke policy submissions and briefings
- Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing and managing pipelines
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
- Expand your policy knowledge and personal network through event attendance and relationship building
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable public affairs experience within a Parliamentary office, consultancy or in-house team is essential
- Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of UK policy and a passion for politics and current affairs – with a demonstrable understanding of their impact on business objectives
- Appetite to build and expand your network of either/or business, policy or political contacts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interviews to commence ASAP. Start date dependent on candidate availability.
Please complete the application form via the following link: https://hanovercomms.workable.com/jobs/1067116/candidates/new