Date Added: 4 July 2019
: 22 July 2019
Job Title: Research Support Officer (6 month internship)
Working For: Parliamentary Research Service
Salary: Real Living Wage
Based in Parliament, the Parliamentary Research Service (PRS) is a pooled research facility working for over 150 Labour MPs. PRS provides information and research for its Members in support of their parliamentary duties.
Aim/objective: The Research Support Officer is responsible for the routine administrative tasks that support the smooth running of the PRS. They are also the first point of contact for PRS Members and their offices.
- Process work requests through the website, liaising with the Deputy Director on workflow decisions.
- Update the website as required, according (for example) to parliamentary business
- Upload research documents produced by PRS to the website as required
- Update membership database
- Compile Member feedback and statistics to inform PRS decision making
- Answer the phone and monitor the PRS email inbox and process enquiries, dealing with membership admin, research/workflow admin, and website admin enquiries, redirecting other enquiries to the relevant staff member.
Research support admin:
- File briefings that PRS receives into the PRS email inbox on SharePoint.
- Track workflow (research allocation decisions) and research output for presentation in a daily email.
- Basic ah-hoc web-based research, e.g. to inform the Deputy Director’s workflow decisions, or provide basic information in response to Member enquiries
- Send Member communications as required including: Daily and weekly emails with details of work completed
- Compile and circulate internal communications to PRS staff as required, such as weekly Westminster Hall business
- Assist Director with business administration and annual renewals process as required
- Well organised and able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise a varied workload
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Interest in politics, current affairs and the parliamentary process
- Self-motivated with sound judgement and ability to work as part of a team
Please note this role is for 6 months only.
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Interviews start week beginning 29 July 2019
Please email the PRS Director firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more details and/or request an application form.