Date Added: 4 July 2019
: 19 July 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Daniel Johnson MSP (Edinburgh Southern)
Location: Edinburgh (Constituency and Parliamentary offices)
Salary: £21,626-£26,445 (salary is negotiable subject to experience and skill-set)
Daniel Johnson MSP (Edinburgh Southern) is seeking a full-time caseworker to join his busy and campaign-focussed team. Innovation, a strong sense of team working and a love of politics are the key attributes sought.
The primary role will be to provide general office administration and to manage incoming constituent queries and casework. This involves working with Daniel and members of the team to manage constituent enquiries to a satisfactory conclusion.
The role will also require the successful candidate to undertake other duties and projects such as managing local campaigns, organising events in parliament, meeting with constituency groups, and research into local issues.
Given that Daniel is an Edinburgh-based MSP, the caseworker will work out of both the parliamentary and constituency offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing incoming constituent casework, including monitoring the status of casework and ensuring timely responses are provided
- Communicating with constituents, community groups and parliamentary stakeholders
- Managing local campaigns
- Research into constituency and parliamentary issues
- Organising constituency surgeries and meetings
- Accompanying Daniel to constituency meetings as required
- Office administration tasks and assistance as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with colleagues, constituents, stakeholders and other MSPs and their offices
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to produce accurate output in a busy work environment and prioritise accordingly
- Working in a confidential manner at all times
- Experience with design packages, database management and Microsoft Excel desired but not essential
- Prior experience of working in a political environment is useful but not required
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 22nd July
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements above to Daniel.Johnson@parliament.scot by 5pm on the closing date.
Please use Caseworker application as the subject of your email.