Date Added: 5 July 2019
: 9 August 2019
Job Title: External Affairs Advisor
Working For: British Retail Consortium
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Director, you will:
- Lead on planning and delivery of integrated campaigns to engage political stakeholders. This could include high profile policy areas including the Deposit Return Scheme, the government’s Waste & Resources Strategy, the Apprenticeship Levy and the Childhood Obesity Strategy.
- Deliver legislative and political advocacy, messaging and stakeholder engagement; working with the communications team to ensure that appropriate use is made of all channels of communication including print and broadcast media, digital and social media and speaking and editorial opportunities, to influence government policy.
- Raise the BRC’s profile, credibility and influence with key political audiences by delivering well planned and executed campaigns to ensure that the BRC has the opportunity to shape and influence the debate.
- Develop and deliver a proactive political contact programme, preparing briefings for meetings, and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders, including in member companies. You may have a good contacts book already.
- Collect and review political and legislative intelligence at a strategic level and on critical issues, as well as using monitoring services, briefing BRC colleagues and members, to ensure that the BRC achieves its policy goals and that BRC policy colleagues are well supported.
- Be a great communicator with strong writing skills, with a good working knowledge of Westminster and Whitehall.
For more info visit: https://brc.org.uk/about-brc/vacancies/external-affairs-advisor
Closing Date: 9 August 2019
We will be progressing with interviews with suitable candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please send your CV and covering letter, stating your current salary and notice period to Jenna Coburn, HR Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org