Date Added: 5 July 2019
: 19 July 2019
Job Title: Campaign Apprentice
Working For: Mansfield Conservatives
Location: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £16,000-£22,000 depending on experience
We are seeking to appoint a Campaign Manager/Campaign Apprentice (depending on experience) who can help us develop our local campaign in Mansfield, a marginal seat won for the first tim eever in 2017. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who thrives on a wide range of challenges. The precise role and salary will depend on how much training and support the candidate requires.
This is a frontline campaigning position, where your interpersonal skills will be crucial.
Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so you should not see this as a normal 9-5 role. You will be prepared to provide hands-on-sleeves-rolled up support and go above and beyond to get the job done.
Working with our local volunteer teams and elected representatives, you will be responsible for developing our activist networks and building our campaigning structures. You will lead our voter contact programmes, and organise a comprehensive fundraising programme. You will produce local campaign literature and develop our online presence.
Responsibilities will include:
- To develop an on-going programme of incumbency activities
- Recruit volunteers and build campaign teams
- Support an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organise high-profile political meetings and events
- Create a comprehensive fundraising programme
- Produce local Party literature and build a delivery network
- Maintain and expand a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Plan and implement a full “get out the vote” operation on polling day
Skills and capabilities:
- Well organised with a professional attitude
- Able to take ownership for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Solid motivation skills, able to inspire colleagues and Party volunteers
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
What we will provide:
- A full training programme will be provided to ensure you are supported throughout every aspect of the job. The Apprenticeship programme comes with an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualification.
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interviews will take place in London or Mansfield w/c 22nd July, to start as soon as possible.
If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
8th July 2019 - The Job Title has been amended. The "Working For" field has been amended.