Date Added: 8 July 2019
: 25 July 2019
Job Title: Project Assistant - Cyber
Working For: Global Partners Digital
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and organised Project Assistant to join our team and contribute to the work of our cyber capacity building team, working on projects which aim to increase the number of cyber laws and policies that are rights-respecting and developed in an open, inclusive and transparent manner.
The successful candidate will be a focused and dynamic individual joining a hardworking team who work on a diverse range of internet-related and digital issues including encryption, data protection, online content regulation, cybersecurity, and business and human rights.
- Providing administrative support to the Programme Lead;
- Providing logistical support to team members and project partners;
- Assisting with preparation of project reports and proposals;
- Organising meetings and events in the UK and abroad;
- Maintaining project files and monitoring budgets;
- Providing general office support.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A minimum of one year’s practical experience working in a professional environment, providing project support and assistance;
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field;
- Self-motivated and organised, able to work independently to meet deadlines;
- Strong coordination and communication skills, able to build positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent written and numeracy skills, allowing you to review and analyse a wide range of sources of information and present it in a clear manner;
- An interest in internet-related and digital issues;
- A basic knowledge of human rights;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Practical experience assisting with the implementation of government-funded projects;
- Practical experience of working with civil society, governments and the private sector, particularly from the global South;
- Practical experience of working on internet-related and digital issues;
- Fluency in a language other than English.
Terms and Conditions
- Working days: Full time
- Length of contract: One Year Fixed Term
- Holidays: 25 days (excluding public holidays)
Closing Date: 25 July 2019
The deadline for applications is 5pm on the closing date. First round interviews will take place on 8 and 9 August 2019 with second round interviews, if necessary, the following week.
When applying, please outline why you think you are suitable for this role in your cover letter, describing any relevant skills and experience (up to 500 words).
Please click on the following link to apply: https://workable.com/j/D213399047
12th July 2019 - The closing date has been brought forward from 31 Jul 2019 to 5pm on 25 Jul 2019.