Date Added: 8 July 2019
: 19 July 2019
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Working For: Encompass Trust
Location: Internet based, with some meetings in London
Salary: Part time (6 hours per average @ £255 a month + expenses)
Encompass Trust was set up by the family of Daniel Braden, a young Brit who died in the 2002 Bali Bombings. Our mission is to create a network of people around the world, who will work together to overcome cultural and societal divisions, and transform conflict in their communities and beyond.
A large part of Encompass’ work focuses on bringing young people together from Palestine and Israel, to draw on their energy and their ability to transform the views of their generation, whilst making life altering changes to their and others’ future.
About the Role
Encompass is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Coordinator who will carry out admin, website and social media related work, whilst overseeing the delivery of our UK/international activities. You will support a range of comms activities and should be able to work independently to deliver this work.
Although equivalent to six hours per week, time spent on the role will be averaged out over a 6-monthly period, so that less time may be spent some weeks and more others e.g. when there is an event taking place.
Please be aware that as this is a new role, the activities are likely to evolve over time. We are therefore offering this position on an initial 6-month basis, with the view to reviewing it to determine how best to take it forward long-term.
- Maintain regular contact with the Ecompass Alumni and build relations with other young people
- Maintain and update the Encompass website
- Provide updates for Encompass supporters via social media, newsletters, blogs etc
- Oversee the development of new projects and events, ensuring that they are in keeping with the mission of Encompass
- Produce reports and updates for the trustees
- Attend quarterly Trustee meetings
- Liaise with external partners and stakeholders
- Experience of volunteering and/or of working in a charitable organisation (essential)
- Excellent communications skills (essential)
- Organised and able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision (essential)
- Experience of coordinating volunteers (desirable)
- Experience of engaging with a variety of organisations, such as charities, faith groups, universities, etc. (desirable)
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interview and start date to be confirmed nearer the time.
Please send your CV and a short covering letter (approx. 250 words) stating why you would like to apply for the role and your suitability as per the job specification. Please send the relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the closing date.
Due to capacity issues, we will not be able to all unsuccesful applications.