Date Added: 8 July 2019
: 23 July 2019
Job Title: Communications Assistant
Working For: CDP
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Communications Assistant to work in our communications team, based in our London headquarters. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with excellent administrative skills and a keen interest in PR as well as strong social media and digital communications capabilities.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of US$96 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 7,000 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2018. This is in addition to the over 750 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish communications processes – press release creation/draft briefing documents for management and media/press lists etc.;
- Manage media monitoring and daily news updates;
- Update and manage resources and templates;
- Collate funders’ materials;
- Organise inductions and prepare relevant materials;
- Manage centralised communications hub;
- Coordinate/manage corporate subscriptions;
- Assist with managing and sourcing media monitoring platforms;
- Collate monthly team report for CDP-wide meetings;
- Draft press releases and assist with media outreach;
- Draft blogs and assist with content;
- Draft tweets and assist with social media;
- Filing on communications shared drive;
- General admin support;
- Website admin.
Required skills and experience:
- An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability;
- A desire to work in communications and PR;
- Good MS Office software skills (particularly Excel) and database fluency;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Able to support a busy team;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
Closing Date: 23 July 2019
First round interviews will be held on 29 and 30 July alongside a writing test.
This job is offered on a fixed term 1 year contract in our London office, with potential for extension. Further details here: https://www.cdp.net/en/info/careers/Communications-Assistant2
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Communications Assistant’ in the subject. The deadline for applications is 09:00am GMT on the closing date, but early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.