Date Added: 9 July 2019
: 31 August 2019
Job Title: Data Analyst / Researcher
Working For: Tussell
This is your opportunity to join an early-stage but proven digital venture that promotes a well-functioning government marketplace. You will join a small but talented team of engaged and collaborative people. You can be sure of working on varied challenges, of learning constantly, of having a tangible impact on the business and of developing your role regularly in line with the company’s rapid growth.
You will sit inside the expanding Insight Team. The main goal of the team is to translate our data into actionable insights for clients and interesting stories for external marketing purposes. The role is a mix of traditional researcher and content marketer. A typical week might include:
- Writing a report for a company that wants to learn more about what the government is purchasing
- Unearthing interesting contracts for the media
- Drafting a blog for our marketing outreach
- Building our Twitter community
- Maintaining our internal reporting and key performance indicators (KPIs)
Skills & Temperament
Confident crunching and interpreting data and with a proven aptitude for quantitative analysis, you will also be highly engaged with current affairs. The inherently political nature of our research necessitates that all the team have a keen understanding of the political and economic topics of the day. The ability to learn fast, desire to get stuck in, and capacity to originate your own ideas soon after joining are also essential.
- Bachelor’s degree, grade 2:1 or above
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis
- Experience of writing crisp newsletters, blogs or tweets or other public-facing content
- 1-2 years’ work experience, either in an academic, non-profit or corporate environment
- Conducting in-depth research projects
- A basic understanding of public procurement, contracting and outsourcing
- Knowledge of Tableau or other data visualisation tools
- Being tech savvy, curious to learn how to use new software or programming languages
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, and we may appoint a candidate before the closing date so please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in the role.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter making the case for your suitability for the role to email@example.com. We hate generic cover letters - we’re more interested in understanding your motivations for applying to this particular role than in a list of your past accomplishments.
You can see the full job advert here (pdf): https://www.tussell.com/uploads/media/5d23856412d8a/job-spec-data-analyst-20190708.pdf?v1
The interview process may include one or more rounds of interview and a practical assignment.