Date Added: 9 July 2019
: 22 July 2019
Job Title: Policy Research Officer
Working For: a client of Murray McIntosh
Salary: Competitive with benefits
My client, a well-established and respected organisation known for being an influential voice for a large number of UK businesses, are looking to bring on board a Policy Research Officer to their small and close-knit Policy, Research and External Affairs directorate.
This post-holder will work closely with other industry bodies, government and regulators to formulate a research base for the organisations policy positioning, essentially working to encouraging a policy environment that allows the growth of the UK Business as a whole.
This is a great opportunity for a graduate with post-degree/internship experience in a research/policy based position. You'll need an interst in business, politics, and demonstrate confidence writing research reports.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identify and pursue opportunities to help shape policy positions
- Coordinate briefings, speeches, presentations for Board-level professionals, internally and externally
- Draft research reports and papers for publication
- Work with events team colleagues to organise launch events for large-scale research projects
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts, liaising with stakeholders in a number of areas
The successful applicant will need:
- Professional experience of having produced research papers – ideally a mixture of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Education to degree level – Politics/Economics focus is desirable
- A solid understanding of what policy is and how it can be used to influence
- Excellent written and presentation skills and to be comfortable engaging with senior leadership
- Great analytical and report writing skills
- High attention to detail
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Interviews will be taking place weeks commencing 22nd and 29th July. Applications will be reviewed prior to this to allow time for qualification.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
We endevour to repond to all applications, but dependent on volume, this may not be possible.