Date Added: 9 July 2019
: 6 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Press and Digital Communications Officer
Working For: The Russell Group of Universities
Salary: Starting from £33,000-£37,000
The Russell Group, which represents 24 leading universities in the UK, are currently seeking a Senior Press and Digital Communications Officer to strengthen their Communications team. This is a permanent full-time post.
This is a new role in a busy Westminster office, for an organisation which values its people. The postholder will support the Director of Communications in developing the organisation’s on-line presence, including through our website and social media activity. They will also support our Media Relations Manager in implementing our communications strategy across national, regional and sector press, building their own network of journalists and key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the Director of Communications to develop and execute a new digital plan, supporting the Chief Executive’s overarching strategy for the organisation. This will include developing our online presence through our website and appropriate social media platforms
- Provide press support to the Media Relations Manager, including through drafting media releases, reactive lines, articles, blogs etc
- Build relationships with relevant colleagues across the Russell Group’s 24 member universities and other stakeholders to coordinate activity
- Provide counsel to the senior management team on digital and media communications
- Take on out-of-hours duties where necessary to respond to media enquiries and emerging stories
- Experience of designing graphics and other online content is desirable
We are looking for a motivated, creative and confident individual to fill this role. Ideally, you will have solid experience in both press work and digital communications, but we are happy to see excellent candidates who have stronger credentials in one of these areas but wish to develop the other. We want someone who understands how institutions can find a way of telling compelling stories about their work and values online, and who can help get our messages out through traditional media channels too. An interest in politics and public policy is important but you do not need a background in higher education. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in turning complex and sensitive policy into clear, well-drafted and persuasive messaging.
Download a full Vacancy Description from: http://russellgroup.ac.uk/about/vacancies
Closing Date: 6 August 2019
Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. If you have not heard by 23 August 2019 your application will not have been successful.
Please submit the following to email@example.com by the application deadline:
- a. current and past employment and your current salary
- two references: your current or most recent employer; and a former line manager who could be contacted during the process
- A cover letter no more than two sides of A4 addressing the following points:
- how your knowledge, skills and experience meets the requirements of the role
- why you are interested in working for the Russell Group
For a confidential discussion, please contact Zena Creed on 020 3816 1300.