Date Added: 9 July 2019
: 31 August 2019
Job Title: Legal, Policy and Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Working For: News Media Association
Salary: Circa £30,000 dependent upon experience
The News Media Association (NMA) is the voice of national, regional and local news media organisations in the UK, whose titles are read by 48 million adults each month, in print and online. We are seeking a Legal, Policy and Regulatory Affairs Advisor to contribute to the NMA’s representational work on industry issues in Westminster, Whitehall, Brussels, putting forward the industry’s views to Government, regulatory authorities and industry bodies. You will also provide administrative support to committees and contribute to members’ services.
The responsibilities would include:
- identifying, analysing, monitoring and making submissions upon the wide range of UK and EU policy initiatives, legislative proposals and regulatory developments which affect the news media;
- representing the NMA and the industry in external meetings with government officials, politicians, regulatory bodies and industry associations;
- contributing to NMA committee work by researching and preparing briefings, agenda, policy papers and taking minutes;
- providing briefings, updates and advice to NMA members.
Candidates should have
- a strong interest in the news media industry and in promoting its development
- a strong interest in legal and regulatory issues, particularly media law
- excellent communications skills
- flexibility and adaptability as to work undertaken, both independently and as part of a small team
The post is based at the NMA’s office in central London.
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
Interviews may be on a rolling basis prior to that date and an appointment may be made before that date.
Please send your cv and a short covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com marked Application for LPRA Advisor