Date Added: 9 July 2019
: 26 July 2019
Job Title: Policy and Communications Officer
Working For: Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years
Location: Bromley, Kent
Salary: £30,179 plus OLW £1,848
This is a role full-time role (working 36 hours per week, and we are open to flexible working proposals) that is responsible for supporting the marketing and communications team to ensure members, early years practitioners and other stakeholders are aware of policy and regulatory developments through a wide variety of different communications. As part of this, support the Policy Adviser to ensure PACEY effectively influences policy and regulatory development of childcare and early years policy in England and Wales, informed by members/early years practitioners’ views and experience.
- Policy monitoring and communication
- Policy Influencing
- Member and practitioner engagement
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role including:
- Briefing stakeholders, including parliamentarians
- Monitoring and analysing policy and regulatory developments and summarising them for a variety of stakeholders
- Maintaining effective stakeholder engagement
- Communicating policy views using a range of methods including press releases, social media, briefings, consultation responses
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, with ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Effective organisational skills
- Effective oral and written communication, using appropriate methods and language
- Effective analytical and evaluation skills
- Strong ICT skills, including the ability to use online survey tools and MS Excel
- Demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
- UK government and parliamentary systems
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development/training in relevant area.
For a full copy of the job description and person specification, please look on our website under 'work for us'.
Closing Date: 26 July 2019
Deadline for applications: 12pm on the closing date
Interview and assessment dates: Tuesday 13, Wednesday 14 or Friday 15 August 2019
Please apply by sending your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the personal specification by the closing date to: email@example.com.