Date Added: 10 July 2019
: 29 July 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Michael Ellis MP (Northampton North)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Michael Ellis MP (Minister of State for Transport) has a vacancy for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant in his busy Westminster office. The successful applicant will help provide administrative support to Michael in his Parliamentary and constituency business. The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work accurately to deadlines in a fast-paced Parliamentary office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing members of the public with information, advice and support over the telephone and in writing.
- Drafting responses to constituent queries, especially - though not exclusively - on issues of Government policy.
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept and updated with deadlines for future action.
- Maintaining absolute discretion and adhering to Data Protection Act principles at all times.
- Efficiently and effectively managing Michael’s busy Westminster and Parliamentary diaries.
- Opening and despatching mail.
- Organising Parliamentary tours for constituents.
- Other administrative tasks.
- Carrying out any other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of Michael’s office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to assess and analyse large volumes of information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Motivation to provide high quality service to constituents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Word and Outlook).
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 July 2019
The deadline for applications is 9:00 am on the closing date.
Interviews will take place for shortlisted candidates.
Start date: October 2019
Please send a CV and covering letter.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org