Date Added: 11 July 2019
: 19 July 2019
Job Title: Campaign Assistant
Working For: Cambridgeshire County Co-ordinating Committee (C4)
Salary: £18,000 pro rata
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, 5 days
Tenure: Fixed term contract for 3 months
The Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Liberal Democrats are on a roll, with rising numbers of councillors and members following local election successes. We now seek a campaign assistant to tell the world what the new councillors are doing, and maintain the momentum for future elections.
You will liaise with councillors and communicate their campaigns and successes by creating engaging and compelling content for print and on line publications, and by promoting stories to the local media.
You’ll have a great standard of written English and be able to translate council-speak, have a working knowledge of DTP, and a commitment to Liberal Democrat values.
The Campaign Assistant will work to a campaign plan agreed by the Campaign Organiser.
- Produce Focus leaflets for wards in the supported areas
- Produce other campaign materials as may be necessary
- Update the campaign websites, specifically including those of the County Council group, the P&CC campaign and, in due course, the Mayoral campaign
- Ensure that county group, P&CC and Mayoral stories are made available to those producing email newsletters
- Promote county group, P&CC and mayoral stories to the local media
- Liaise with photographers for the taking of good campaign photos for leaflets and e-campaigns
- Work with in-house printing teams and external printing companies to ensure the smooth production of leaflets
- A good standard of written English and an ability to edit other people’s copy
- Working knowledge of InDesign, PagePlus or equivalent DTP package
- A commitment to Liberal Democrat values
- A grasp of politics in Britain and/ or Cambridgeshire
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 22nd July. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
For questions and further details, and to submit an application, please contact:
Please apply by email attaching:
- a copy of your CV;
- a covering letter telling us how your experience and skills match the job description and person specification and your availability to start
Please tell us if you have any special requirements.
The Liberal Democrats are equal opportunity employers and particularly welcome applications from groups who are currently under-represented in our staff.