Date Added: 11 July 2019
: 29 July 2019
Job Title: Research Assistant
Working For: nfpSynergy
Salary: £19,500 per annum pro rata
nfpSynergy delivers research, insights & expertise to help non-profits understand their audiences & make informed strategic decisions.
The Research Assistant will provide support to the Influencer Audiences team, getting involved in our research with MPs, Peers, journalists & healthcare professionals. Key topics we cover in our research & reports include campaigning, reputation, effectiveness & communications.
We are particularly looking for someone with an interest or experience in the work of charities in politics, policy, healthcare &/or media.
Description of responsibilities:
- Opportunities to work on the research we conduct for a whole range of charities in the UK & further afield
- Work on the Charity Parliamentary Monitor, the Celtic Charity Parliamentary Monitor, the Journalists’ Attitudes & Awareness Monitor, Grantmakers Monitor & the Primary Healthcare Monitor.
- Supporting the research team on tasks such as preparing presentations, compiling & proofreading reports, data entry
- Attending client & pitch meetings
- Dealing with client requests, including additional data analysis
- Supporting on tasks involving more complex statistical analysis of data
- Opportunities to work on tasks related to business development & marketing, including assisting in the sales process
This post would be ideally suited to a graduate who wants to gain knowledge & experience in market/social research & has an interest in the not-for-profit sector. Some things we like to see in our staff:
Hard skills/previous experience:
- Previous research experience, whether qualitative or quantitative
- Special interest in analysing data
- Strong numerical skills, experience of statistical analysis (for example using SPSS)
- An interest in the policy & media work of charities is desirable
- Experience of support/admin roles
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & especially PowerPoint
- An interest in/experience of, charities & not for profits
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Good time management & organisational skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking & proactive
- Enthusiastic, personable & with a sense of humour
- Ability to work collaboratively & flexibly as part of a team
Closing Date: 29 July 2019
- Please note the deadline is midday on the closing date,and interviews will take place from Wednesday 31st July to Wed 7th August 2019.
- Start date: ASAP
- Send a cover letter and CV to Berni White at email@example.com stating why you’re right for this position and why you would like to work with us.
- Please submit your application as a single document with your full name as the document title. Please state where you saw this job advertised. Please also write the job title and team in the email subject line.