Date Added: 17 July 2019
: 16 August 2019
Job Title: External Affairs Executive
Working For: The Royal Aeronautical Society
Established in 1866, the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) is the world’s only professional body dedicated to the entire aerospace community.
We are currently recruiting for an External Affairs Executive who can support the RAeS in raising its profile as the ‘go to’ place for authoritative, impartial, evidence-based aerospace policy advice and knowledge.
Further, the role will support the ambition to capture more of the national and international narrative with regulators, governments and the media by enhancing the Society’s body of knowledge and making it more accessible.
- To lead on building and maintaining productive and lasting relationships with national, regional and local members of the press
- Act as a first point of contact with the press by logging and managing press enquiries
- Draft press releases to promote Society activities and in reaction to external developments
- Contribute to and draft responses to consultations, submissions, inquiries
- Monitor policy development in government and Parliament
- Create briefings for and correspondence for MP’s, Peers and Civil Servants
- Arrange and attend meetings/briefings with MP’s Peers, Civil Servants and Industry
- Assist with the organisation of Society public affairs and press related events
- Contribute ideas and content for Society conferences and events, particularly those with a public policy angle
- This role would ideally suit someone with a passion for aviation/aerospace and with experience in either policy, press or public affairs.
- You must be educated to undergraduate degree level or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role, as well experience of working in the media, a press office and/or public affairs in-house, consultancy or of working in Parliament/EU institutions.
We value equality and diversity and positively encourage applications from everyone.
The RAeS is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. Should you wish further clarification, please obtain a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Closing Date: 16 August 2019
Interview dates to be advised
We require a CV with a covering letter, expressing candidates interest in role, outlining their skills/experiences and what they can offer to the role and the Society.
CV's/covering lettering should be sent to Debbie.Fox@aerosociety.com