Date Added: 18 July 2019
: 1 August 2019
Job Title: Administrative Manager
Working For: Gareth Snell MP (Stoke-on-Trent Central)
Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Hanley)
Salary: £30,000 (pro rata)
Length of Contract:
Hours: 20 hours a week (37.5 FTE)
Duration: 6 months fixed term contract to cover staff absence.
- Manage the office team and workload, ensuring accurate personnel records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary;
- Manage development reviews for team members;
- Management of caseworkers caseload and escalation of cases to external body;
- Ensuring all cases are logged appropriately and monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
- Overall management of the Member’s diary commitments, delegating tasks to others;
- Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the Member’s behalf;
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate, including travel around the constituency and to regional events as required.
- Deal with complex queries and complaints on the MPs' behalf, including drafting and signing letters;
- Assisting with arrangements for parliamentary and constituency events;
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and e mail, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate;
- Providing administrative support in relation to MP's expenses scheme;
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act;
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports;
- Liaise with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies and utilities;
- Ensure enquiries are dealt with sensitively and confidently.
- Excellent IT skills;
- Management experience, including budgetary responsibility;
- Experience dealing with a broad range of people in an empathetic manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well with the rest of the office team and volunteers;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Political awareness and a commitment to the values of the Labour Party and the Co-operative Party
- Manage workload and work hours independently;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to handle complex cases;
- Awareness of the functions of an MP in relation to their constituency and parliament;
- Driving licence, access to vehicle and ability to travel.
- Knowledge of Stoke-on-Trent
- Knowledge of Labour Party and Co-operative Party functions.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 August 2019
Interview: week commencing 5th August 2019
Please also include how soon you will be available to start the role.
To apply for the post, please send a current CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability (each on no more than two sides of A4 and in point side no smaller than 12) to:
Gareth Snell MP
Or via email to: email@example.com