Date Added: 18 July 2019
: 8 September 2019
Job Title: National Engagement Coordinator
Working For: The British Foreign Policy Group
Salary: Circa £30,000
The British Foreign Policy Group is a non-partisan not for profit organisation committed to supporting a more inclusive national conversation about the UK’s international position and choices.
This role will consist of directing the BFPG’s National Engagement Programme. This involves building key relationships with regional stakeholders and managing the series of events across the country.
The BFPG’s national network is a core activity of the BFPG. Partly funded by the UK Government its aim is to build a network of stakeholders across the UK who are actively interested and engaged on UK foreign policy. These stakeholders range from businesses and trade organisations, to cultural institutions, local city councils, universities, and more. The NE Coordinator will be key contact between BFPG’s London network and the rest of the UK. See our website for examples of the events we have hosted around the country.
The National Engagement Coordinator will also work closely with the rest of the BFPG team in using the national network to add value to the other workstreams, whether it be hosting thought leadership events outside London, or bringing in national speakers to London events.
This position will also include being the line-manager for the Student Ambassador Coordinator (who runs a network of students across the country).
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working in events and/or politics
- Willingness to travel extensively within UK, including some overnight travel if required
- Strong interest in foreign policy and/or UK regional issues, and a willingness to learn
- Previous experience managing junior staff and/or interns
- Able to work well both independently, and as part of a team
- Outstanding attention to detail and exemplary organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills and enjoyment of relationship and network-building
Closing Date: 8 September 2019
Interviews will be held in the first two weeks of September, with a start date as soon as possible after that.
To apply for the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a 1 page CV and 1 page cover letter including why you have applied for the job and indicating the relevant skills and experience you have that make you a good fit for the role.
Please use the subject line '[Your name] National Engagement Coordinator Application'.
7th August 2019 - The Closing Date has been extended from 31 Aug 2019 to 08 Sep 2019.