Date Added: 19 July 2019
: 30 August 2019
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: Orpheus Cyber
Orpheus is a specialist cyber threat intelligence company. We are intelligence and cyber security professionals with many years’ experience and a range of backgrounds, and our mission is to collect information from a wide range of sources in order to provide understanding to decision makers so that they can overcome the cyber security threats that they face. We specialise in providing highly tailored threat intelligence products and services, including as providers to the increasing number of regulator-mandated cyber resilience schemes emerging globally.
The successful candidate will support Orpheus’ work gathering information on cyber threats and turning it into actionable intelligence, enabling our clients to better protect themselves. Tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Primary research on the deep and dark web to identify and cultivate new sources
- Developing an understanding of the cyber threat landscape facing our clients, and providing regular research and analysis
- Targeted research on specific topics in support of tailored threat assessments
- Contributing to the development of our technical collection infrastructure
The ideal candidate will:
- Be looking to start or develop a career in the intelligence or cyber security field
- Understand the principles of cyber security, cyber threat and cyber risk
- Demonstrate an interest in current cyber security issues and developments
- Have academic or professional experience in primary intelligence research and analysis related to political, security or technology issues
- Possess strong qualitative and quantitative research skills, and be keen to develop these further
- Be able to use their initiative and understanding to manage their own research efforts
- Additional languages are desirable where specifically relevant to areas of heightened cyber threat
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is viewed as an advantage, as is a deeper understanding of the principles of computer science and cyber security
- Be competent with the Microsoft Office suite and enthusiastic regarding new technologies
Experience with additional research tools and software related to intelligence collection and analysis is also desirable. This will be suitable for candidates looking to gain experience in the cyber security sector.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
We accept applications on a rolling basis and may appoint the suitable candidate before the closing date.
Suitable candidates should email a tailored covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org