Date Added: 19 July 2019
: 15 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Research Adviser, Research and Policy Insight
Working For: British Council
Salary: Circa £34,000
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries.
The Senior Research Adviser will contribute to the development of the British Council’s global research strategy by supporting the commissioning and management of research projects and programmes, developing research partnerships and the coordination and delivery of the British Council’s research portfolio across the global network.
The Research & Policy Insight (RPI) team sits within the Cultural Engagement Directorate , and is a function for the whole of the British Council. The team aims to generate new and useful knowledge that helps ensure the British Council.
The team works collaboratively across the organisation to gain insight from our longstanding experience in the over 100 countries that we work with. Working within key priorities and themes from Arts to Education and Languages, Civil Society to Peace and Conflict Resolution, the research we conduct supports the British Council as a thought leader and provides evidence of impact for our work in cultural relations.
Opportunities and challenges:
- Managing a varied global research portfolio co-commissioned with staff from across the British Council
- Developing successful national and international research partnerships
- Building capacity for the team and the organisation through effective research commissioning, management, application, communication and dissemination
- Ideally 3 + years in project management or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience of managing, designing conducting, coordinating and communicating research, ideally in a university, research institute, public sector or think tank setting.
- Experience of budget management, including planning, forecasting and reporting
- Experience of writing research calls and grant writing, and/or experience of writing research proposals and grant applications
- Experience of a range of research methodologies and analytic techniques, including both quantitative and qualitative
Closing Date: 15 August 2019
INTERVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE 28TH /29TH AUGUST
Please apply via our website