Date Added: 23 July 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Programme Manager - Broadband Stakeholder Group
Working For: Tech UK
The purpose of the Programme Manager role is to lead the development and delivery of the BSG’s work programme, working closely with the CEO in the process.
The BSG’s diverse network includes telecoms operators, manufacturers, investors, ISPs, mobile network operators, broadcasters, new media companies and content producers, as well as central and local government, devolved administrations, Ofcom and others.
The BSG works out of the offices of techUK, the trade association facing the tech sector. techUK supports the work of the BSG and is the employer of BSG staff.
The current areas of focus for the BSG include how to incentivise the deployment of and demand for full fibre and 5G networks, the migration to All-IP for voice services, digital inclusion and skills for both citizens and SMEs, the future regulatory framework, and the impact of Brexit on the digital infrastructure sector.
The Programme Manager role involves independently leading areas of the BSG work programme and becoming the go-to industry expert on such issues. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of policy development, public affairs, stakeholder management and regulatory affairs. Knowledge and experience of broadband and the wider technology, media and telecommunications brief, whilst not essential, is highly desirable.
- Assist the CEO in delivering the BSG work programme; this will involve preparing and writing BSG reports, consultation responses, articles and letters on telecoms policy.
- Engage with BSG stakeholders, including DCMS, Ofcom, sponsors and wider industry on the development of policy positions and the ongoing development of the BSG work programme.
- Monitor ongoing developments in the UK and EU broadband market, policy and regulatory debate, including the analysis of new data regarding broadband network deployment.
- Assist with the execution of the BSG contact programme including arranging and scheduling meetings and events, supporting press relations and public affairs activity, web and social media communications and organising dinners and conferences.
- Represent the BSG in external fora, stakeholder meetings and public events.
Please see futher details for the role on our website https://www.techuk.org/about/jobs-at-techuk.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Please contact Atika Zahra at email@example.com with your CV and a short note telling us why you would like to apply for this role and what makes you the ideal candidate.