Date Added: 24 July 2019
: 1 September 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Maria Eagle MP (Garston and Halewood)
Salary: £19,641-£27,000 per annum (Full Time)
Caseworker required to work in the constituency office of Maria Eagle, MP for Garston and Halewood (Liverpool). The caseworker will respond to emails, telephone calls and letters, deal with case work end to end, liaising with government agencies and others to resolve problems, and attend surgeries. The successful candidate should be highly motivated to help people and able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
- Provide information, advice and support to constituents on a range of financial, health, housing, benefits, immigration, and other issues
- Deal with emails, letters, telephone enquiries and visitors in a professional manner
- Liaise with the Westminster office and MP to ensure accurate and timely responses to constituents
- Make written representations of a high standard in an accurate and concise manner
- Attend surgery sessions around south Liverpool
- Keep accurate records using the casework database and maintain confidentiality
- Accompany MP to constituency events and organise meetings
- The post will require regular weekend and evening work (Friday evening and Saturday morning twice a month to cover surgeries) where time off in lieu will be given.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and naturally comfortable dealing with a broad cross section of people
- Pro-active and self-confident
- Forensic attention to detail
- Polite and friendly phone manner
- Reliable with ability to multi-task
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues
- Ability to work unsupervised and to manage and prioritise a demanding workload
- Methodical approach to record-keeping
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills (proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Prior experience of advice/casework
- Experience working in an office environment
- Knowledge of Caseworker.MP
- Full clean driving licence
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 September 2019
Interviews will be conducted in Liverpool on Friday 6 September 2019. The start date for the post will be as soon as possible thereafter.
Send CVs and covering letters explaining how your experience relates to the role profile set out above to: email@example.com or by post to Maria Eagle MP, Room 544 PCH, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA.