Date Added: 24 July 2019
: 30 August 2019
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Intern
Working For: Sarcoma UK
Salary: £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage)
The Policy and Public Affairs Intern is a great new opportunity at Sarcoma UK. The successful applicant will work closely with the Policy and Public Affairs Manager on the delivery of our Public Affairs Strategy to bring change for all people affected by sarcoma.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Office based; Old Street, London N1
Reports to: Policy and Public Affairs Manager
To work as part of the Sarcoma UK Team, by the end of the internship you will have:
- Knowledge of Health Policy and the Cancer landscape
- Understand the challenges faced by patients with sarcoma
- Support the Policy and Public Affairs function of the Charity
- Organised a Parliamentary Event to raise awareness
- Experience of working in a charity
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To maintain positive relationships with key Sarcoma UK stakeholders including sarcoma patients, family members/carers and support group leaders.
- To support the activity of the Policy and Public Affairs Team.
- Attend Sarcoma UK events and take part in Sarcoma UK’s wider work.
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment and he/she will therefore be required to undertake other appropriate duties as necessary for the efficient operation of Sarcoma UK.
- The role will require occasional travel to meeting and events. Occasional weekend or evening work may also be required and time off in lieu will be given.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Interviews will be held on 10 September 2019, at our Head Office in Old Street, London N1.
The start date will be 30 September 2019.
To apply, please complete the application form and equal opportunities form on our website, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs won’t be considered.