Date Added: 24 July 2019
: 14 August 2019
Job Title: Communications Coordinator (Engagement)
Working For: Imperial College London
Salary: £31,770-£36,009 per annum
Are you a confident communications professional, experienced at creating accessible and engaging content? Are you looking to play a key role in sharing opportunities, information and activities with staff and students looking to get involved in public engagement? Are you excited by working across a large organisation, forming links with relevant teams and understanding the needs of diverse groups?
If so, you could join our Public Engagement team as our Communications Coordinator (Engagement) and work with us to support a growing culture of engagement at Imperial College London.
Duties and responsibilities
Join our friendly and busy team, and help staff and students to develop and deliver public engagement:
- You will create a range of communications, including our newsletter, annual brochure and online resources to ensure that our staff and students can access the engagement guidance and opportunities available.
- You will help to embed our tone of voice and visual identity for societal engagement at Imperial, providing clarity, coherence and cohesion to the many exciting strands of our work.
- You will advise and support staff and students in their own communications around public engagement, including around attracting audiences and collaborators, using different media and communicating messages effectively.
We are looking for a team member who:
- Is positive about bringing their communications insights and experience to a public engagement team, and is enthusiastic about supporting staff and students with their societal engagement.
- Can construct high quality online and print outputs, through a clear understanding of the principles of good communication and experience of putting these into practice.
- Is happy and confident in working independently, but can also collaborate and connect with other departments and groups where necessary such as departmental engagement practitioners, the central communications team and participating in relevant communications networks.
- Has a high standard of professionalism with great attention to detail and the ability to work simultaneously across many strands of work with accuracy.
Join our team in this exciting role supported by the Wellcome Trust Institutional Strategic Support Fund.
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
Interview date: 3 September
Please apply online via our website: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/PRO00295/communications-coordinator-engagement