Date Added: 24 July 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Researcher
Working For: Heidi Allen MP (South Cambridgeshire)
Location: London or Constituency
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Key Duties include:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, hansard, debates etc
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Give advice on policy issues
- Monitor media coverage and brief the Member on relevant issues
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
- Progress casework as required
- Project Work
- Provide generalist admin support
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
The successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong written and oral communication skills and good telephone manner
- Highly organised with the ability to manage competing prioritises
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Quick and efficient work style
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to be flexible to the demands of a busy office
- A team player; enthusiastic and reliable
- Good sense of humour
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, therefore an appointment may be made before the closing date.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
All applicants should send their CV and covering letter (no more than one A4 side) to firstname.lastname@example.org