Date Added: 24 July 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant (part time)
Working For: Pauline Latham OBE MP (Mid Derbyshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Pauline Latham OBE MP is looking for a Parliamentary Assistant to join her busy staff team in her Westminster office. Ideally, the successful candidate should have previous experience of working in Parliament or in a similar role.
The main responsibilities of the role are: researching material, preparing briefings, newsletters, reports, maintaining the Member’s website and assisting with her social media activity.
- Undertaking research thoroughly and accurately. Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data on key issues.
- Drafting Parliamentary Questions.
- Developing a knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Drafting written correspondence on a range of issues
- Drafting briefings on a range of policy issues as necessary.
- Writing articles and preparing media briefs as necessary.
- Monitoring media coverage and liaising with the media as necessary.
- Developing and managing a range of social media platforms.
- Updating and maintaining the Member’s website.
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post and required by the Member.
- Ideally, 12 months' previous experience working in Parliament
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise a heavy workload, work under pressure and work well as part of a team.
- Educated to degree level.
- Competent use of a range of IT packages.
- A knowledge of Mid-Derbyshire would be advantageous.
- Sensitive to the work of the Conservative Party.
Part time, 20 hours per week, Hours negotiable, Job Share considered.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Successful candidates invited for interview will be notifed by Friday 30th August, 5.00 p.m. Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th September. Second interviews for successful candidates will be held on Thursday 12th September. Start date as soon as possible after interview.
To apply for the position, please write a covering letter detailing your experience and why you would like the job, together with a curriculum vitae to: Pauline.email@example.com
You will receive a general bounce back message from Pauline Latham OBE MP if your email has been received. If you have not been invited for interview by Friday 30th August, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion.
26th July 2019 - The Job Title and Job Details have been updated.