Date Added: 24 July 2019
: 16 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Consultant
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a talented team across a range of UK accounts, oversee strategic direction of accounts, and take a proactive role in identifying and securing new business.
The Whitehouse Consultancy specialises in integrated communications campaigns across public affairs, policy analysis, media relations and crisis communications. The new Senior Consultant would thrive in a fast-moving entrepreneurial atmosphere, have a love of politics and a high level of professionalism. We’re looking for someone with solid experience in public affairs, corporate communications or external relations either in agency or in-house.
- Taking responsibility for the strategic oversight of public affairs, media and social media campaigns; acting as lead client contact; devising client strategy and maintaining profitable accounts.
- Working as part of the senior team to identify and realise new business, leading on the preparation of proposals and pitches.
- Contributing to Whitehouse marketing including writing blogs and articles, as well as contributing to social media and events organisation.
- Working with junior members of staff to develop their skills and oversee the professional delivery of projects.
- Line management of junior members of the team.
Core Competencies and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- A proven record of working in a public affairs or external affairs role specifically with significant experience in public, private or voluntary sectors.
- Detailed knowledge of parliamentary procedure and how to engage with political stakeholders both at a local, national and international level as part of public affairs and corporate strategy.
- Experience analysing the political landscape and its impact on business.
- A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful political or communications campaigns for clients from the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- An understanding of the business mechanisms of working in agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of senior decision makers and senior corporate personnel in person and in writing.
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team (including setting objectives, motivating staff, performance management) and strong team-building skills.
- Excellent writing skills. Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively.
- A demonstrable ability to bring in new business
- Proven experience of lobbying and working within the mechanisms of Parliament to drive forward demonstrable change.
- The ability to work and thrive as part of a small and dedicated team as well as without supervision.
Closing Date: 16 August 2019
Please submit a CV and covering letter, outlining why you would like to work for The Whitehouse Consultancy and the experience and skills you are able to bring to the role, to Isabella Sharp via Isabella.Sharp@whitehouseconsulting.co.uk