Date Added: 29 July 2019
: 19 August 2019
Job Title: Account Manager
Working For: Newsdirect
Salary: Starting at £18,000 per annum
Newsdirect’s Cardiff office supports over 60 high profile organisations to track political developments in Wales. We’re looking for a new full-time Account Manager to join our six-strong Wales team monitoring the output of the Welsh Assembly, the Welsh Government and key stakeholders.
You’ll be assessing all content for relevance, writing it up and compiling it in to daily and weekly monitoring reports for a small group of clients.
Your duties will include:
- Scanning and summarising content for precise client interests
- Managing relationships with key client contacts and maintaining regular communication (both face-to-face and phone/email) to ensure their requirements are being met
- Assisting in the preparation of policy profiles and research
- Keeping effective notes and records as well as maintaining client data
- Identifying new business opportunities and participating in service development activities
- Reporting from party conferences and attending policy and networking events as required
- Providing a helpful and responsive helpdesk service for client requests
We want to hear from candidates who can offer:
- A strong working knowledge of Welsh politics, institutions and processes
- First-rate writing and proofing skills
- Experience of working in a deadline-driven role
- A positive, adaptable attitude
The following aren’t essential but will strengthen your application:
- Welsh language skills
- NCTJ qualification
- Experience working in a political environment, newsroom or public affairs role
- Specialist knowledge of a devolved policy area such as health, education or culture
Full information on the vacancy can be found at: https://news.direct/vacancies/account-manager-wales
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
- 19th August: Deadline for applications / long listing / invite to phone interview
- 20th August: phone interviews / short listing / invite to in person interviews
- 22nd / 23rd August: in person interviews / offers
Please send a CV (2 pages max), a covering letter (1 page max) and a 400-word summary of the First Minister’s recent statement on the legislative programme (the statement can be found at http://record.assembly.wales/Plenary/5674#A52545) to Robyn Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 10:00 on the closing date. Please indicate the date you would be available to start or your current notice period.
We will make our assessment of your ability to do this job based on the standard of your application as opposed to your academic qualifications.