Date Added: 29 July 2019
: 28 September 2019
Job Title: Researcher - Policy Forum for Wales
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important policy issues for Wales being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
Please see our website for further details on currently publicised future conferences.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
- Important occasions for policymakers in the National Assembly, Welsh Government and Wales Office, those affected by the issues and other interested parties.
- Demanding but rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and expanding, but with a strong ethical heart
- Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
- Following latest policy developments and news and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
- Drafting agendas and promotional text for the seminars
- Liaising with speakers and chairs
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Cardiff and elsewhere in Wales
What we’re looking for:
- Competent or fluent communicating in the Welsh language
- A quick learner who can hit the ground running
- Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
- Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills - and quick to learn
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints (in line with our core proposition of impartiality)
- Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 85-strong team is always on hand.
Closing Date: 28 September 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter telling us why you believe you would be suitable for the role – email@example.com