Date Added: 30 July 2019
: 18 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Economic Regeneration Officer
Working For: London Borough of Newham
Salary: P04/5 £39,774-£45,585 per annum
The Economic Regeneration Team is key to delivering on The Mayor of Newham's Community Wealth Building agenda. This agenda is set to transform Newham into a beacon of Community Wealth Building to ensure economic growth in our borough is shared locally and held democratically.
About the Job
The postholder will support the Economic Regeneration Manager and team colleagues to deliver in a range of areas including the following:
- Project management of initiatives which deliver on one or more of the Community Wealth Building areas
- Provision of back-office support for Workplace (LBN's job brokerage) and other operational initiatives including fundraising, procurement of goods and services and creation of marketing information
- Development of briefings and reports for senior management and elected members
- Responding to consultation documents and co-ordinating LBN-wide responses
- Analysis if statistical data to help inform development of new projects, policies and initiatives
- Negotiating and monitoring Section 106 agreements and partnership agreements with inward investors
- Managing external contracts
The successful applicant will have experience and skills in the following: developing and delivering economic development projects within budget and to a high standard; working in strategic partnerships and using creativity/innovation to develop new areas of work; representing senior management at meetings with Members and/or senior officers from external stakeholders/partners; very strong writing skills; confidence in analysing and commenting on economic-related statistics.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
The recruitment process:
- Application form
- 2 x written tests which are designed to test: candidates' ability to write briefing/reports; candidates ability to present, analyse and comment upon statistical data
Please note that interview and tests will be carried out on the same day
Please use the link below to find more information about the role and to apply. if you are not registered you will need register to apply.
Should you require any help or advice with your online application, please contact the Recruitment Help Desk on: 0203 373 0909.