Date Added: 30 July 2019
: 18 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker and Events Co-ordinator
Working For: Luke Pollard MP (Plymouth, Sutton and Devonport)
Luke Pollard MP is looking to recruit a highly motivated Caseworker to help in his busy city centre office in Plymouth.
Some Saturday work will be required assisting at advice surgeries for constituents. The position is advertised as full-time, however part-time or job share applications will be considered.
As well as working on casework this role also includes the organisation of Luke’s events programme: a monthly public meeting, a monthly breakfast roundtable, annual conference and other events as required.
- Deal with daily enquiries from members of the public by phone, in person, email or letter
- Staffing the city centre office including helping “walk-ins” who are seeking assistance and other general administrative functions in the office. It is a small local team so working well in a supportive team dynamic is key
- Draft enquiries to government agencies on behalf of constituents
- Ensure records of contact with constituents are properly logged and recorded and in line with GDPR
- Competent use of IT including casework management systems, Microsoft Office package, email, internet
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts
- Accompany the MP to advice surgeries and visits in Plymouth
- Work with the Office Manager to plan and deliver Luke’s regular schedule of events
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills with a good telephone manner and attention to detail. Excellent command of written English is required to produce high quality correspondence, representing the MP in letters and emails.
- Experience of keeping professional notes and accurate records
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public, experience of working with people with complex issues and often in a distressed state.
- Experience with an advisory service such as the CAB or similar or an MP's office
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour and Co-operative parties
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
Interviews week commencing 27th August with a view to the successful applicant starting in October 2019
Accepted applications should include:
- Covering letter (max 1 side) explaining how you could fulfil this role and why you would like to work for Luke Pollard MP with brief details of your most recent experience.
- An up to date CV (max 2 sides).
- Contact details of two referees and confirmation of any notice period you would need to give if in current employment.
Please apply by email with the subject line "Caseworker Application - YOUR NAME" to firstname.lastname@example.org