Date Added: 30 July 2019
: 16 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Policy Adviser - Corporate Governance
Working For: The Confederation of British Industry
Based at our Cannon Place office and reporting into the Director of Campaigns, the Senior Policy Adviser/Principal Policy Adviser will be responsible for shaping the CBI’s views on the UK corporate governance regime, including stewardship, assurance through audit, stakeholder engagement and executive pay, helping to lead liaison with key stakeholders such as BEIS and the FRC, and running the CBI’s Companies Committee.
- Support the creation and delivery of the CBI’s policy work on corporate governance.
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders and partners.
- Support the CBI’s member recruitment and retention strategy by delivering an effective package of corporate governance support for members.
- Effectively run the CBI’s Companies Committee to help inform and guide the CBI’s policy work on corporate governance.
Knowledge & Experience:
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role’s requirements
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Background working in policy formulation and delivery.
- Understanding of the key trends emerging in corporate governance.
- Understanding of the government’s priorities related to corporate governance.
- Understanding of the policy development process and broad knowledge of the CBI’s policy priorities.
- Knowledge of a range of modern campaigning & lobbying tools & techniques.
- Campaign strategy and management – including developing objectives, planning approaches to delivery, and coordinating projects and messaging
- Project management – including planning, implementation (including risk management), closure and evaluation
- Communication and influencing – including excellent personal communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to plan and coordinate the influencing work of colleagues with key stakeholders
- Customer focus – including managing relationships with key members and other stakeholders to maintain member satisfaction and the CBI’s reputation.
At the CBI we recognise the advantages that flexible working patterns can bring. We’ll always fully consider flexible working and we will aim to facilitate different patterns of work wherever we can. Please go to our careers page for further information.
Closing Date: 16 August 2019
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Corporate Governance' as the subject.