Date Added: 30 July 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Laura Pidcock MP (North West Durham)
Location: Consett, North West Durham
Salary: £19,641-£28,804 (pro rata)
Based in the constituency of North West Durham, this exciting opportunity is offered on a permanent basis, for 15hrs (2 days) per week (days negotiable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to work under pressure, the ability to meet tight deadlines and the ability to work flexibly
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Experience of using social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience of organising, or assisting in the organisation, of events
- Experience of minute taking
- Ability to deal with issues in a confidential and sensitive manner
- Ability to work effectively in a small team
- Driving licence and use of a car (desirable)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public over the telephone or in person
- Liaising with partner organisations and Government departments to gather information to assist with resolving cases
- Assisting with meeting/event organisation
- Attending meetings and surgeries
- Assisting with social media activity
- Drafting responses to constituents
- Processing expenses
- Handling and logging post
- General filing and retaining information in adherence to the principles of the Data Protection Act and GDPR
Some evening and weekend working to cover surgeries, meetings and events will occasionally be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Applications will be accepted up until 17:00 on the closing date.
Interviews will take place on Friday 6th September 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com detailing how you think you meet the requirements of the role.
For further information please contact (01207) 501 782.