Date Added: 31 July 2019
: 30 September 2019
Job Title: Researcher – Westminster Employment Forum
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important issues being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
- Important occasions for policymakers in government, Parliament and regulation, as well as legal professionals and practices, their partners and clients, other professional organisations, charity and consumer groups, academics, and others that are interested in or affected by the issues.
- Demanding but rewarding
- Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
- Following latest policy developments and news from the sector, researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
- Drafting agendas and promotional text
- Liaising with speakers and our Parliamentary chairs
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK
What we’re looking for:
- A quick learner
- Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism, public affairs or similar fields
- Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints
- Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 90-strong team is always on hand.
- The Westminster Employment Forum is a division of Westminster Forum Projects, a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy
- Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups
- Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasional work in Westminster and other conference locations.
- An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities.
- People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities and move up in the organisation.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary/salary expectations and why you believe you would be suitable for the role – firstname.lastname@example.org