Date Added: 31 July 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker (full-time) / Communications Officer (full-time)
Working For: Andrew Rosindell MP (Romford)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Andrew Rosindell M.P. has a vacancy for a Parliamentary Caseworker and a vacancy for a Communications Officer in Westminster. The positions would be perfect for two recent graduates.
The Successful candidate must have:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with excellent time management skills
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills
- A confident and professional attitude when working both inside and outside the Westminster office
- Very high levels of self-organisation, a strong work ethic and capable of dealing with large workloads
- Comfortable with working independently as well as part of a small team
- Loyalty and discretion always, on matters sensitive or otherwise
- Writing letters and e-mails in response to constituent enquiries
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Liaise with Government departments, the local council and other companies/organisations to resolve casework matters
- Answering the telephone, take messages and deal with enquiries and requests as appropriate
- Sort incoming post into priority order and prepare replies
- Understand the issues of relevance to Romford
- Attend local surgeries in the constituency
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and political and media savvy. You will need to have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and have experience in managing stakeholder relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring local, national and social media
- Designing engaging visual and written content for the M.P.'s Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Managing and updating content across the M.P.'s website
- Responding to campaigns and petitions
- Regulating and interacting with comments and direct messages on social media
- Drafting and/or editing the M.P.'s weekly newspaper article
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Writing and distributing a monthly e-newsletter
- Accompanying the M.P. to events and media appearances and reporting where appropriate
- Monitoring the M.P.'s inbox for campaigns, press releases, etc.
- Analysing traffic and Insights across social media platforms
- Co-ordination of campaigns and causes
- General administrative tasks
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
The deadline is at midday on the closing date.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held in Westminster.
We are likely to hold interviews before the closing date.
Start date: ASAP
To apply, please email your CV and a one-page covering letter to Scott Sherlock at Scott.Sherlock@parliament.uk with the subject line 'Parliamentary Caseworker or Communications Officer Application - [Your Name]' included.
If you have not received a reply by 23rd August, please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.