Date Added: 31 July 2019
: 19 August 2019
Job Title: Conference Programme Assistant
Working For: Inside Government
Salary: £22,000 (Rising to £24,000 following probationary period)
We are looking for someone to join our fast-expanding Conference team at Inside Government which delivers over 25 of the nation’s leading policy-led Conference brands targeted at the public sector. This is an exciting position for any graduate interested in UK politics and public policy and wanting to explore the key challenges facing sector leaders and practitioners.
The successful candidate will support the production and delivery of our Conference portfolio, as we support business growth, enhance our reach to key sectors and deliver high quality and innovative Conference programmes which meet the needs of our audiences. This will involve in depth research, the building of relationships with key stakeholders and the generation of sector-leading content which attracts delegates to our products.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting research across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas
- Building relationships with and inviting/confirming high profile speakers and organisations
- Creating and designing attractive and commercially-driven event agendas
- Attending events on the day alongside our operations team
- Developing engaging policy-led content in the form of blogs, interviews and policy updates
- Supporting the development of social media channels and new ways of reaching out to our audiences
- Researching and submitting new event ideas to be added to the existing event portfolio
- Working alongside our marketing team to ensure events are commercially successful and achieve target delegate numbers
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A strong personal interest in UK politics, public policy and current affairs
- A degree (minimum 2:1) ideally but not limited to social sciences or humanities
- The ability to demonstrable clear research, writing, editing and communications skills
- A team player who works positively within a group but also who works well independently
- Organisational skills to prioritise work and meet deadlines on a weekly basis
- A competitive individual who is driven by targets and business growth
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
Inside Government is an exciting and stimulating, yet relaxed and social place to work, offering a wide range of benefits and incentives, including: a quarterly target-based bonus structure, flexible working hours and regular social occasions.
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
Interviews will take place as soon as possible. We are looking for an immediate start where possible.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter via the following link: https://workable.com/j/46B460040D explaining why you think you are suitable for the role, highlighting your knowledge of, and interest in, domestic policy.
1st August 2019 - The Application Details section has been updated.