Date Added: 1 August 2019
: 30 September 2019
Job Title: Researcher - Westminster Education Forum
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important policy issues in education policy being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial
- Important occasions for policymakers in Parliament, Government and regulatory bodies; teachers, schools, parents and children themselves; academics and businesses; and other interested parties.
- Demanding but rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and expanding, but with a strong ethical heart
- Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production
- Following latest policy developments and news from the sector - and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts
- Drafting agendas and promotional text
- Liaising with speakers and our Parliamentary chairs
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Westminster and elsewhere in the UK
What we’re looking for:
- A quick learner
- Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism and public affairs
- Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook will also be considered
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints
- Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and rest of the 90-strong team is always on hand.
- The Westminster Education Forum is a division of Westminster Forum Projects, a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy
- Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups
- Based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links, and occasional work in Westminster and other conference locations.
- An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities for career progression
- People who work here are encouraged to develop, take on added responsibilities
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role – firstname.lastname@example.org