Date Added: 1 August 2019
: 19 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Account Manager, Public Affairs
Working For: Grayling
Salary: Highly competitive
Grayling is looking to recruit a new Senior Account Manager to work within our award-winning public affairs division on a number of flagship client accounts, including for some of the country’s most recognisable organisations (a full list of our clients can be found on the Public Affairs Board Register). Our client base covers a broad range of sectors including hospitality, transport, energy and technology. Grayling has a prestigious public affairs practice and was recently named Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year at the SABRE Awards 2019.
The role will require excellent political knowledge and judgement across the political spectrum, an understanding of parliamentary process and procedure, an eye for detail, excellent written English, good judgement and a proactive mind set. This will be an active client-facing role, so the successful candidate must also have a proven track record of advising senior executives, politicians or decision-makers in previous roles. Excellent communication and presentation skills are also essential.
Daily tasks will involve:
- Account management of top public affairs accounts
- Acting as a day to day point of contact for clients
- Supporting Grayling’s senior team to provide strategic political guidance to our clients
- Attending and contributing to client meetings
- Drafting political briefing notes and parliamentary correspondence
- Managing the organisation of client events and parliamentary receptions
- Managing and supporting Party Conference programmes
- Contributing to our departmental marketing strategy and set-piece Grayling events
- Playing an active role in pitching to secure new business opportunities
- Drafting new business proposals
- Presenting political insights and research
Candidates will ideally have previously worked in Government/Parliament or have agency experience.
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
We may conduct interviews and appoint before the closing date for the right candidate, so we would encourage early applications.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to Christine McKenna at email email@example.com. Please detail in your cover letter your interest in Public Affairs and why you would like to work at Grayling.