Date Added: 1 August 2019
: 31 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Public Affairs and Policy Executive
Working For: British Marine, a client of Murray McIntosh
Murray McIntosh & Associates are currently working alongside British Marine, the trade association for the UK leisure, superyacht and small commercial marine industry, to identify their new Senior Public Affairs and Policy Executive.
Their 1,500+ members come from a broad range of businesses including boat builders, chandlers, brokers, marinas, passenger boats and engines. The boating tourism sector supports more than 150,000 employees and generates approximately £6.0 billion, so this role would greatly suit a candidate with commercial awareness.
The Senior Public Affairs and Policy Executive, reporting directly to the Head of Public Affairs, Policy and Research will provide support to British Marine’s public affairs and policy activity, ensuring that members’ interests and the wider industry are represented at all levels.
This is a great opportunity for Policy and Public Affairs professionals to step up into a role that will allow more autonomy over their workload and expand their own skillset as the organisation grows their involvement and influence in both the UK and International Markets.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- Play a key role in the development and delivery of British Marine’s public affairs and policy activity, ensuring that the industry is represented at every level
- Draft and coordinating responses to consultation documents, select committee inquiries etc. as appropriate and to provide drafting support to other teams
- Work closely with British Marine staff, Boards and Association Committees and member companies to develop policy positions for the leisure marine industry
- Develop and maintain British Marine’s Policy Tracker and suite of Policy documents
- Prepare and coordinate briefings ahead of senior management meetings with stakeholders
- Extend the reach of British Marine’s profile through participation in a programme of domestic and international hospitality events and networking
- Represent British Marine and the UK leisure marine industry to domestic and international audiences, as required
- Identify new international markets and trade opportunities for members
- Provide member advice & guidance to support the facilitation of international trade
- Aid securing international trade funding (currently TAP) to support delivery of international trade activity for members
Closing Date: 31 August 2019
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis and the client will make an offer once the successful candidate has been identified. Do not hesitate to apply if this role is of interest.
Please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV quoting 'British Marine' in the subject line and outlining your interest in the role.