Date Added: 2 August 2019
: 15 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Tom Mason MSP (North East Scotland)
Tom Mason MSP (North East Scotland) is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join his team as a Caseworker. This is a full-time position based in the regional office, in Aberdeen.
Duties and responsibilities
- Communicating to local constituents, community groups, local businesses and other stakeholders in the North East Region.
- Progressing and managing constituent casework in a timely and professional manner, and regularly monitoring the status of ongoing casework, and coordinating with other staff based in our regional office.
- Communicating with Governmental agencies, local authorities, private sector organisations, charities and other organisations to resolve matters on behalf of constituents.
- Providing advice and support to constituents and regional stakeholders.
- Ensure all records are kept and information managed confidentially, and in line with GDPR requirements.
- Organising and attending MSP surgeries, appointments and other meetings as necessary, and taking notes at meetings as directed by the MSP and/or Office Manager.
- A willingness to support the MSP during street surgeries and other regional events, and an ability to confidentially engage with members of the public face-to-face.
- Updating the Member’s website when required.
- Assisting with various office duties as directed by the Office Manager.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- A professional telephone manner, and an ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload.
- Quick and efficient work style, with an ability to work to deadlines while maintaining an attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic, enthusiastic and reliable.
- Ability to work as a team and confidence to work on your own.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of important local and regional issues.
- Excellent IT and keyboard skills, with demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A full driving license, with access to a car desirable.
Closing Date: 15 August 2019
Applications must be received by 17.00 on the closing date.
Successful candidates will be informed of interview date, time and location.
To apply, please send the following to David.Hill@parliament.scot with the subject line: “Caseworker Application”:
- A copy of your CV, of no more than two pages, including details of two referees.
- A covering statement, of no more than one page, demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out above.