Date Added: 2 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: External Relations Executive
Working For: Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT)
Salary: Circa £30,000
CPT is the trade body for the bus and coach industry. It has become the the focus for consultation on national and international legislation, regulations, operational practice and engineering standards.
Our members include the largest multi-national transport operators and the smallest family businesses. We protect and enhance their interests' by influencing the political and media agenda. Your role will be ensuring CPT’s voice is heard loud and clear with political, media and industry audiences
- To support the External Relations Manager in delivering a coordinated external affairs strategy including impactful events, engaging media and social media content and meaningful political engagement.
- To ensure CPT staff and members are aware of the relevant news agenda, its relevance to CPT and CPT’s contribution to it.
- Draft press releases and statements in line with CPT policy positions and tone of voice
- Run CPT’s social media activities including original content creation and tracking of relevant conversations and trends and benchmarking our impact.
- Lead our daily and periodic media monitoring, including production of daily news round-ups for CPT staff and members, ongoing tracking of CPT coverage and trends
- Manage media contact lists and maintain an up-to-date database of activity
- Develop and manage a news section of the CPT website including uploading content and identifying opportunities for new content such as blogs.
- Administer events, including parliamentary receptions, roundtables and party conference events
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with national, industry and local journalists
- Knowledge of the political and policymaking process, including understanding of how the media and social media inform policymaking
- Media relations experience, including experience of securing coverage
- A social media native, with experience of using social media to promote an organisation’s reputation and influence
- An ability to identify good stories and build engaging content to support them
- A self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Collaborative and collegiate, with excellent relationship skills
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Interviews are likely to take place in early September.
Applications must be recevied by 5pm on the closing date.
To apply please send a CV (of no more than two pages) and a covering letter (of no more than one page) setting out how you meet the person specification to CPT External Relations Manager Tom Bartošák-Harlow (email@example.com).
For more information call Tom on 020 7257 2503