Date Added: 5 August 2019
: 18 August 2019
Job Title: Senior Political & Security Risk Analyst
Working For: Falanx Assynt Ltd
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience
We are seeking an experienced geopolitical/security risk analyst for a role embedded in a major global financial multinational with a broad global footprint.
The role will involve analysing global security and geopolitical risk developments, predominantly affecting Asia, from the perspective of a major multinational financial corporation with regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
The role is initially for 9 months maternity leave cover, but also presents an opportunity to join our rapidly expanding global analyst team.
Time commitment is split between the client work and Assynt responsibilities. The analyst will also contribute to writing the Assynt Report. This is an analytical service for major companies operating in emerging markets, that examines security, terrorism and political stability issues, and the impacts of these on the commercial and operational environments.
- Excellent analytical assessment, judgement and interpretation of:
- International relations
- Reputational risks
- Trade disputes
- Geopolitical trends
- Security escalation
- Experience in developing Early Warning Indicators (EWIs) to assess change within a developing security situation.
- Advanced understanding of major geopolitical challenges and awareness of the impact of financial risks affecting businesses operating in Asia, Africa and the US.
- Relationship building skills and the ability to work within various ‘think-tanks’ that explore business risk and impact.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an intelligence analyst role.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in International Studies or related subjects.
- The ability to distil relevant information and intelligence from a number of sources, briefing accurately and competently taking into consideration the needs of the business.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly on a geographical area, issue or topic of which you may have little or no experience and to speak knowledgeably and confidently on such matters in a client environment after relevant research and analysis.
- Manage and grow relationships with relevant internal stakeholders
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘London, Senior Analyst Application’ as the subject.