Date Added: 5 August 2019
: 27 September 2019
Job Title: Policy Executive
Working For: The Environmental Industries Commission (EIC)
Salary: £29,000 per annum plus benefits
The Environmental Industries Commission (EIC) is the main trade association for companies that are delivering environmental progress in the UK. The role involves working within the policy team of EIC. While the position is focused on environmental policy, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to proactively engage with broader ACE Group activities and as such will gain a wide range of skills.
Summary of role:
- Assist with the development of policy papers and positions to support EIC’s lobbying activities and build relationships externally.
- Responsibility for sector specific committees on waste management, energy efficiency, water and natural capital, while also having some involvement with EIC work on air quality and contaminated land.
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Air Pollution.
- Contribute to the communications e.g. helping with developing media positions and member communications.
- Provide support to the EIC team on admin, events and other corporate matters as needed.
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Strong interest in UK politics and environmental issues.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, including strong written English and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior executives.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and schedule work assignments.
- Ability to work in a team and to manage own workload.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
Closing Date: 27 September 2019
Only successful applications will be acknowledged.
We may appoint before the closing date.
Please telephone EIC on 0207 222 4148 to discuss the role in more detail
Please send CV with covering letter to email@example.com