Date Added: 5 August 2019
: 26 August 2019
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Gillian Keegan MP (Chichester)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Gillian Keegan MP is looking for a hardworking and trustworthy Office Manager to manage her busy parliamentary office.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to organise their own workload and take initiative. They will be excellent at managing their time, working under pressure and to tight deadlines. The candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and proficient in using Microsoft Office 365. Previous experience working in Westminster would be useful as well as knowledge of the British Political system.
- Managing Gillian Keegan’s parliamentary inbox
- Responding to telephone and email enquiries
- Diary management and arranging parliamentary and constituency commitments
- Providing research to accompany Gillian Keegan’s meetings and events
- Occasionally accompanying Gillian Keegan to events and on constituency visits as well as attending meetings on her behalf
- Being the main point of contact for All Party Parliamentary Groups and other stakeholders
- Monitoring the budgets, actioning all MP’s expenses with IPSA and ordering office equipment and stationery
- Managing interns and work experience
- Recruiting and onboarding new staff
- Managing the HR in the office, in terms of staff wellbeing, hiring and ending of staff contracts
- Keeping up-to-date with House business and whipping
- Advising Gillian Keegan on debates, speeches and timings
- Monitoring the Member’s security and security in the Westminster and constituency offices
- Managing local and national media requests
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data to ensure Gillian Keegan is accurately informed on key issues
- Arranging tickets for debates and tour requests
- Monitoring Gillian Keegan’s social media presence and providing content to be uploaded to her website and YouTube channel (via another member of staff)
- Complying with data protection legislation.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
The start date is as soon as possible.
To apply please send your CV and 1 page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Office Manager Application’ as the subject title. Once the CV and covering letter has been received you will then be asked to complete three tasks to determine suitability.
Any questions about the role please phone 020 7219 1193.