Date Added: 6 August 2019
: 18 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker Cover
Working For: Virendra Sharma MP (Ealing, Southall)
Virendra Sharma is looking for a person to join his casework team in his Southall Constituency Office, Full Time, to start 28th.
The initial appointment will be until mid November with the possibility of extension.
Key responsibilities could include (under supervision):
- Deal with queries from constituents by phone, in person or by written correspondence
- Make representations on behalf of constituents to a range of organisations such as the Home Office, Local Authority and Housing Associations
- Draft responses to constituents on casework matters
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Attend surgeries and other meetings relating to constituents' queries and casework as required
- Log cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and GDPR
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are essential
- Previous casework experience is desirable
- Good IT skills including using casework tracking system and MS Office Applications
- Ability to draft letters and emails to a good standard
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
Earliest start date is the 28th August or soon after.
Interviews will be at a mutually convenient time at our consituency office, 112A The Green, Southall, UB2 4BQ.
Please email email@example.com with a CV and one page covering letter.
Please list any languages spoken and ability level.
We will be looking to conduct interviews and appoint before the closing date for the right candidate, so we would encourage early applications.
If you have not heard anything by the end of week commencing 19th August please assume your application has been unsuccessful.